• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Assassins Creed 3

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Assassins Creed was pretty bad, Assassins Creed 2 was good, Assassins creed brotherhood was repetitive and Assassins Creed revelations was boring and repetitive.

Has anyone got AC3? If so is it worth getting and is it repetitive?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
It's great!

It's alot different than AC2 and it's two expansions. The story progression slows down quite a bit in comparrison, and that's a good thing.

Where in AC2 you have this long list of targets to go put down one by one in a bunch of different missions, AC3 gives you only a handful; and the leadup to each assassination is more worthwhile, since you feel more like you are accomplishing something because of how hard you worked to get it. The game builds up little by little until about in the middle of the story everything explodes on you and the world is all expanded and most of your side quests are available.

The side quests in themselves are more fun than in AC2. AC2 (the expansions Brotherhood and Revelations tried to improve on this, I think Brotherhood did it the best out of the three with the Roman guilds side stories) just gives you a bunch of missions on the minimap you can go do at your leisure. AC3 has a few of these, but most of them revolve around either recruiting assassins, or people to live on your property so you can trade their goods for new stuff, which is the only way to get the best weapons. There's also more interesting side questing mechanics such as the frontier area in general, and naval battles. This way you can grind money all you want, you won't get all the best gear without doing other crap, so if you skip the side story you can still beat the game, it will just be harder.

Also I like Connor as a character better than Ezio. Ezio was born a punk-ass kid with a good life, and his whole story is about returning to that good life which was taken from him, he just ended up changing (somewhat) along the way. Ezio is fun to watch, because he's just a badass; but that's all he is, and there's nothing that can be done to change it. Connor is a much different story, with more tragedy a deeper story overall, and I enjoyed watching it more.

Also the online mode is much better than Brotherhood and Revelations.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
It's great!

It's alot different than AC2 and it's two expansions. The story progression slows down quite a bit in comparrison, and that's a good thing.

Where in AC2 you have this long list of targets to go put down one by one in a bunch of different missions, AC3 gives you only a handful; and the leadup to each assassination is more worthwhile, since you feel more like you are accomplishing something because of how hard you worked to get it. The game builds up little by little until about in the middle of the story everything explodes on you and the world is all expanded and most of your side quests are available.

The side quests in themselves are more fun than in AC2. AC2 (the expansions Brotherhood and Revelations tried to improve on this, I think Brotherhood did it the best out of the three with the Roman guilds side stories) just gives you a bunch of missions on the minimap you can go do at your leisure. AC3 has a few of these, but most of them revolve around either recruiting assassins, or people to live on your property so you can trade their goods for new stuff, which is the only way to get the best weapons. There's also more interesting side questing mechanics such as the frontier area in general, and naval battles. This way you can grind money all you want, you won't get all the best gear without doing other crap, so if you skip the side story you can still beat the game, it will just be harder.

Also I like Connor as a character better than Ezio. Ezio was born a punk-ass kid with a good life, and his whole story is about returning to that good life which was taken from him, he just ended up changing (somewhat) along the way. Ezio is fun to watch, because he's just a badass; but that's all he is, and there's nothing that can be done to change it. Connor is a much different story, with more tragedy a deeper story overall, and I enjoyed watching it more.

Also the online mode is much better than Brotherhood and Revelations.
Thanks, If it's as good as you say then I'm definitely getting it

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I watched the few last parts of the game from YouTube walkthroughs, and its like an epic and interesting version of a movie.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Also if you didn't like walking form shop to shop, paying to renovate them to earn money over time as Ezio in Brotherhood and Revelations you'll love this game. No more of that. Instead like I said you recruit people to live on your property, and to "level them up" so you can craft more stuff you do missions for them that give the characters living there more depth and backstory. Such depth that rivals the main story line, and it's all optional.

Trust me, don't save it for last like I did, or you will be carrying only 8 arrows in your quiver until the end! It's just not enough!

WilMorris

Dirt
I didn't (personally) really use the bow or the guns. Only really used the bow for hunting. The fighting as so solid I got through it that way.
Can't help but wonder with the ending if/what they'll do next.