• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT An update!

Velenne

Legacy Supporter 4
The point is just to get the server up to date and to release new stuff! Mods improve Herocraft, but aren't necessarily fundamental to being able to play it.
Without macros, I can't really use my skills. If I can't really use my skills, I can't really pvp? So if a big part of this update was to to be add pvp content.... what's the point if don't have macros? That's all I'm sayin. ;)

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Without macros, I can't really use my skills. If I can't really use my skills, I can't really pvp? So if a big part of this update was to to be add pvp content.... what's the point if don't have macros? That's all I'm sayin. ;)

So you'd rather have no content but have macros? You could just learn to melee.. Or just type real quick. The biggest part of the update for me is Shrine, should be interesting :p

Velenne

Legacy Supporter 4
So you'd rather have no content but have macros? You could just learn to melee.. Or just type real quick. The biggest part of the update for me is Shrine, should be interesting :p
I have plenty of content! I don't understand your point. I'm a melee based class, I know how to melee. Part of the draw of an MMO-like game is the concept of skills. I type pretty quick but I'm not typing mid-combat PvP to "/skill kick" or "/skill garrote" or "/skill smoke"... I'd be dead by the time I finished. You have to have those things bound to keys for them to work. I guess you don't PvP much or you'd realize how important macros are. It just seems surprising to not have macros included in a pvp update.

Velenne

Legacy Supporter 4
With macro: attack,attack,attack, Z, attack,attack, F, attack,attack, Right-click, MB3, attack. Rinse, repeat.

Without macro: attack,attack,attack, 3, RMB, 1, attack,attack, 5, RMB, 1, attack,attack, 6, RMB, 4, RMB, 1, attack.

It's... really, REALLY cumbersome and frankly not worth doing. Macros are ESSENTIAL. CRITICAL to making the concept work. Please stop pretending they're not.

Popeyepoop1

Legacy Supporter 7
The macro mod is really helpful to Herocraft, but they can't really do much about the mod not being updated. Kainzo doesn't own the macro mod lol.

Steven_B

Legacy Supporter 7
The macro mod is really helpful to Herocraft, but they can't really do much about the mod not being updated. Kainzo doesn't own the macro mod lol.
Yeah it's not as simplistic as pushing one button. I don't think anyone is arguing against that. I'm glad /bind is an option though. If you think of it like having to do a key combo in other games, it can help your mindset.

In Street Fighter, people used to have to try to push three buttons at once to do certain moves. However, with the emergence of L1/2 and R1/2, key combos were auto-done on those buttons. It was totally easier, but people still did the old way at times.

My point is, Kainzo and the development crew have had a way to shortcut typing a skill into the chat window. No, it's not as fast as a macro, but your fingers and mind will get used to it until compatible macro mod versions come out.

If not, then go play on Shrine or simply risk the day-to-day life on Haven with people like TheRizza420 showing up behind you while you're chatting on O-chat with Apherdite!

Remember... If you don't have a macro mod, more than likely neither does your potential PvP opponents.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We'll be bringing out a "wand" style skill binding system that will allow you to bind several skills to each item and sifting through them with right/left click.

The macro-mod is going to be updated by @Mumfrey but we cannot/wont wait for all mods to update before updating the server.

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
This update does not seem benifical to people who have supported this server it seems more useful for new players that have not supported the server. Also it seems incomplete to me because there seems to be no soul shop so if you are new and you cap the starter classes you will have 0 souls aside from voteing so I would think it to be more taxing for the newb to switch to pvp worlds to make the souls required to upgrade their classes. All the interesting updates were pushed back and now their are no mods and we don't even get the horses yet. Whole thing seems like a big step backwards maybe even in years for this server. The update seemed rushed and tunnel visioned. was the server only updated so shrine would use the new world generater that comes with 1.7?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This update does not seem benifical to people who have supported this server it seems more useful for new players that have not supported the server. Also it seems incomplete to me because there seems to be no soul shop so if you are new and you cap the starter classes you will have 0 souls aside from voteing so I would think it to be more taxing for the newb to switch to pvp worlds to make the souls required to upgrade their classes. All the interesting updates were pushed back and now their are no mods and we don't even get the horses yet. Whole thing seems like a big step backwards maybe even in years for this server. The update seemed rushed and tunnel visioned. was the server only updated so shrine would use the new world generater that comes with 1.7?
There's a soul shop...

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
Kainzo could u post the cords for me because I just can not find it I've probably wandered 5+ hours looking for it

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Its at -120, -90 in haven and shrine, and it'll be at the Ruins spawn.. And the update was worth it, i didnt have mods for pretty much the first month of my experience of HC, just have to get used to playing Vanilla MC for a little bit.

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
its official im dumb, thanks for the cords Jazz. still would prefer the last version of HC but that's probably cause im old and hate change.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
We'll be bringing out a "wand" style skill binding system that will allow you to bind several skills to each item and sifting through them with right/left click.

The macro-mod is going to be updated by @Mumfrey but we cannot/wont wait for all mods to update before updating the server.

Any word from Mumfrey on a general ETA for his update? The MacroMod is essentially the only mod that I really care about...the others can be updated in time, and it doesn't feel like they change things super drastically. I like the idea of the wand bind skill system as well, but you really can't beat being able to customize your skillset to comfortable positions on your keyboard. Even typing 5, 1, 7, 8 or whatever on the number row is fine; but at least for me, I use the numpad and letters for binding even in other games as well. Thanks, Kainzo!

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Last i heard, it was Mid-jan at the earliest..
Oh, that's not too horrible; especially considering college is picking back up for me. I'll likely head over to Shrine to see what there is to see, and just chill there until the update comes around. Thanks for the information.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
So, I'm assuming that residence limits work on a "per server" basis and not globally? I have 1 residence in shrine and 1 in haven, but when I use /res limits" on each server it says I only own 1 residence, and when using /res list it only displays the 1 residence I have on that server.

However the LWC limit looks to actually be a global limit and not per server.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
So, I'm assuming that residence limits work on a "per server" basis and not globally? I have 1 residence in shrine and 1 in haven, but when I use /res limits" on each server it says I only own 1 residence, and when using /res list it only displays the 1 residence I have on that server.

However the LWC limit looks to actually be a global limit and not per server.

You'll most likely be charged for both residencies too...