• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion An idea for the new custom items... maybe?

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't know if it's in the works or even possible to do in MC. On custom items maybe a crit chance stat? Just throwing something out there. :p

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I've heard that the reason there isn't a critical hit system is because it would be hard to code and MURDER to balance.
Isn't there already a system in minecraft where you jump in the air and strike when falling back down to deal critical damage? Or has that functionality been removed on HC?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Dodge and Crits will be coming in at some point. It's something that is necessary for a fully fleshed out system.

While action style combat is awesome, spamming left-click is hardly "skill" based.

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5
Dodge and Crits will be coming in at some point. It's something that is necessary for a fully fleshed out system.

While action style combat is awesome, spamming left-click is hardly "skill" based.
Ayy lets be honest runeblade and ninja tho xD thanks for replying

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I've heard that the reason there isn't a critical hit system is because it would be hard to code and MURDER to balance.
The reason is people don't want to depend on their hits getting a crit to win a fight, or getting hit for a random crit and get blown out

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5
The reason is people don't want to depend on their hits getting a crit to win a fight, or getting hit for a random crit and get blown out
These are gonna be on custom items % wont go that high and what game doesnt have critical strikes? I dont see how it would break balance

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
These are gonna be on custom items % wont go that high and what game doesnt have critical strikes? I dont see how it would break balance
Crtis are dumb. Or at least random crits are dumb.
RNG imo is not a good system for combat related things.

Lets look at a game with Crits: TF2
The serious servers turn off crits, all of the tournament modes have crits off, why? Because RNG ruins team work. One well placed RNG Crocket and you stopped an entire team by mistake.

Now, HC =/= TF2, but let's look at HC combat:

1v1 Crits: Not that big a deal, might feel cheated that you took so much damage
2v2 Crits: Similar to above, not much team work here, but still annoying
3v3 and Up Crits: This is where things get messy. Kiters and Casters aren't gonna wanna use melee so crits don't matter to them, so a team lacking melee classes has an even larger disadvantage if they are forced into close range.

Poorly explained story short: RNG is not fun. Look at blackjack, either you facerolled everyone or did nothing to them. Some people are gonna be lucky and get crits 24/7, some will never get a crit.
Though Kainzo has already started they are coming so let's just hope they don't break everything.

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5
Crtis are dumb. Or at least random crits are dumb.
RNG imo is not a good system for combat related things.

Lets look at a game with Crits: TF2
The serious servers turn off crits, all of the tournament modes have crits off, why? Because RNG ruins team work. One well placed RNG Crocket and you stopped an entire team by mistake.

Now, HC =/= TF2, but let's look at HC combat:

1v1 Crits: Not that big a deal, might feel cheated that you took so much damage
2v2 Crits: Similar to above, not much team work here, but still annoying
3v3 and Up Crits: This is where things get messy. Kiters and Casters aren't gonna wanna use melee so crits don't matter to them, so a team lacking melee classes has an even larger disadvantage if they are forced into close range.

Poorly explained story short: RNG is not fun. Look at blackjack, either you facerolled everyone or did nothing to them. Some people are gonna be lucky and get crits 24/7, some will never get a crit.
Though Kainzo has already started they are coming so let's just hope they don't break everything.
I have faith in balance gl hf