• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

5v5 PvP Tournament - September 2013

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I think 4 hours before the end of registration is way too late in the process to ban enchanted gear. It's something that gives a reason to become an enchanter. It's not something that you usually fight against, but neither is gold armor. When else would you buy and wear enchanted gear if not during a tourney?

Why don't we ban gold armor for casters too in the tourney? It also gives you an unfair advantage over what you get in arena or normally play with, and is worn on your skin.

I'm not a huge fan of banning gold apples or potions, but at least I can understand that they give you abilities that you wouldn't normally have. I.e. speed, healing, fire resistance, regen. I know that's kind of true with FA swords too, but speed and healing pots allow you to have much more capability than extra fire.

Further more, this is on the test server, which means you don't even have to lose you precious gears if you die or spend real coin on armor if you can grab some out of a chestshop!

As North said though, just hours before registration is not good timing for such a huge change.

Y

ytiggidmas

It'd be nice if enchanted armor/weapons were banned as well. Not seeing the logic in banning potions, but not enchants. You get the same effect, except one of them you drink and the other you wear on your skin. Kind of like banning snorting, but you can inject it into your veins if you'd wish. @Danda can you please ban enchants? If there's 1 thing that will separate a winning to a losing team it's enchanted armor.
Sounds like somebody spent too much time touching their weiner over preparing for the tourny. The rules have been this way for quite a while, and it'd be quite unfair to those who prepared already. You're not special, stop trying to have things changed for your personal preference.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Huh? It's 24 hours before the tournament. Are people going to burn their enchanted armor now and never use it again? Give me a break. The logic absolutely sucks, you're a fool if you disagree. What's the difference between fire resistant pots and fire resistant armor? Hint : Nothing.

Lets shut down Disciples with feather falling boots. Lets shut down anyone with fire abilities by wearing fire resistant armor. Lets make our already tanky paladin now HILARIOUSLY tanky with Prot 4 armor... But please, gentlemen, don't you dare eat golden apples or use potions, because THAT is unfair.

Anyone with slightly above an IQ of 10 can comprehend the fault in this logic. The problem is, of course, some people in the community were born stupid.

P.S. Umbra is one of the richest towns in the game. We can afford to go all out with enchants, so this is actually an advantage on our part. Getting swole has messed with your head Sam. Bench press less and read more books.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Huh? It's 24 hours before the tournament. Are people going to burn their enchanted armor now and never use it again? Give me a break. The logic absolutely sucks, you're a fool if you disagree. What's the difference between fire resistant pots and fire resistant armor? Hint : Nothing.

Lets shut down Disciples with feather falling boots. Lets shut down anyone with fire abilities by wearing fire resistant armor. Lets make our already tanky paladin now HILARIOUSLY tanky with Prot 4 armor... But please, gentlemen, don't you dare eat golden apples or use potions, because THAT is unfair.

Anyone with slightly above an IQ of 10 can comprehend the fault in this logic. The problem is, of course, some people in the community were born stupid.

P.S. Umbra is one of the richest towns in the game. We can afford to go all out with enchants, so this is actually an advantage on our part. Getting swole has messed with your head Sam. Bench press less and read more books.

The idea is that you have rules on what is allowed or not that you keep in mind when you build your team composition. 24 hours before the competition means you can't change your team composition after a rules change. I'd compare this kind of ban to banning gold armor in the tourney. It has just as much of an effect on the tankiness of squishy classes, and costs more than getting a set of armor enchanted

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Tournament Sign ups have closed.

The bracket will now be finalized, good luck tomorrow!

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
I've been bitching about enchants for over a week now and for some reason admins are making it seem like its so difficult to monitor that we have to allow enchants. how hard is it to spot a shiny weapon/chestplate and dq the team for using it? The reason why I'm against such enchants is that I think every team should be afforded the opportunity to start on an even playing field. 5 players vs 5 players testing their strategy, comp, and ability to execute against on another. rather than which team spent the most time getting the most op gear they could and squashing a team from a poorer town that couldnt get said enchants.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I've been bitching about enchants for over a week now and for some reason admins are making it seem like its so difficult to monitor that we have to allow enchants. how hard is it to spot a shiny weapon/chestplate and dq the team for using it? The reason why I'm against such enchants is that I think every team should be afforded the opportunity to start on an even playing field. 5 players vs 5 players testing their strategy, comp, and ability to execute against on another. rather than which team spent the most time getting the most op gear they could and squashing a team from a poorer town that couldnt get said enchants.
Enchants are not that expensive.
Gold armor is more expensive than enchants.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I am not participating but I am also dumb and have a question.

If this is on the test server, does that mean people who want gold armor / enchants specifically had to play on the test server and farm those things, or will characters be copied over from live at time of tourney with stuff equiped?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Enchants are not that expensive.
Gold armor is more expensive than enchants.
What is your fascination with gold armor? Do you know how often gold armor drops from mobs? LOADS. People raid with good armor on, it's not as rare as you think. With your logic we should all just not wear armor at all I guess? You can't seriously be putting gold armor on the same level as enchanted armor. Enchants SHUT DOWN a number of classes, gold just adds a bit more protection to squishy classes with a hilariously bad durability. For what it's worth, I bitched about enchants being allowed the last tournament I was around for. Whether Umbra wins or loses, I'll just view this tournament as a broken mess, simply due to this poor decision.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
What is your fascination with gold armor? Do you know how often gold armor drops from mobs? LOADS. People raid with good armor on, it's not as rare as you think. With your logic we should all just not wear armor at all I guess? You can't seriously be putting gold armor on the same level as enchanted armor. Enchants SHUT DOWN a number of classes, gold just adds a bit more protection to squishy classes with a hilariously bad durability. For what it's worth, I bitched about enchants being allowed the last tournament I was around for. Whether Umbra wins or loses, I'll just view this tournament as a broken mess, simply due to this poor decision.

I was simply raising the most relevant comparison point, you're the one who's continuing on about enchanted gear. Gold armor is widely accepted as fine. Plays the same role, in shutting down certain classes, provides a significant advantage to a class that wouldn't normally be as tanky. At least protection armor can be applied to all of the classes.

Mobs drop enchanted armor too. I'm pretty sure you could get a set of armor enchanted for around than 50c, less than it would cost to repair a set of gold armor. A set of full gold armor is 216c of gold. Even repairing a broken set costs a lot of gold.

If the admins decide that Protection armor and Sharpness swords are too imbalanced, then we can figure out how to deal with it for next tourney. Personally I like that there are different types of equipment you can run, as long as it's not prohibitively expensive or unavailable. Everyone knew that enchants were allowed for this tournament, so if you really think they're that broken, you should've built a team that can benefit from it.

Last edited:

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, sir, I was once told that a Paladin in full Prot gear takes 3HP damage per Samurai sword hit. I never tested it myself, but I know that I did face a Paladin as a Disciple who was wearing Prot gear, and he was taking 1HP damage per left click (not kidding)... Do you still want to compare apples with watermelons? Add in Fire resistance/Thorns/feather falling and suddenly we're comparing apples to... something that isn't a fruit at all.

YEAH!

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
If the admins decide that Protection armor and Sharpness swords are too imbalanced, then we can figure out how to deal with it for next tourney.

Here is what really irks me. It's common knowledge that these are imbalanced. I've had 2 admins admit to me that it is imbalanced. To freely allow sharpness and fire aspect swords (guess which classes can benefit from these?) while not having the ability to enchant disks, hoes, blaze rods and other sorts is a DIRECT example of imbalance.

Of course, I understand why this isn't implemented, since these weapons don't take durability and would essentially last forever. That's a valid reason to keep these out of the game. Yet, to ALLOW these enchants on Swords is just careless planning. "Wait until custom items and everything will be more balanced" I have been told. Sweet, until then, can you please disable these enchants so all classes are on even keel?

So much for balance.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
It'd be nice if enchanted armor/weapons were banned as well. Not seeing the logic in banning potions, but not enchants. You get the same effect, except one of them you drink and the other you wear on your skin. Kind of like banning snorting, but you can inject it into your veins if you'd wish. @Danda can you please ban enchants? If there's 1 thing that will separate a winning to a losing team it's enchanted armor.
I agree, but for next tourney. Too late now.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5

actually potions give different effects than enchants, cant swim trough fire with fire protection, but can with fire resist. Same for others. glhf

lumont

Legacy Supporter 3
Do to recent events and moms being moms.... KOS, see you in the finals...