• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

10th Monthly Herocraft Meeting! =Oct 23rd 5pm CST=

Sleaker

Retired Staff
What I'm still slightly confused about is this: isn't kingdom essentially the next state in the hierarchy or township (only combining towns)? So essentially when we actually upgrde to Kingdom this is already in effect… So isn't this just making things more complicated than necessary?

Kingdoms will become server-static. Meaning they wont change, leave, or cease to exist. They also wont be able to be created. Towns wont be able to 'buy' or achieve a kingdom status any longer, instead we're thinking it will be better if players join one of the static kingdoms and then go out and found cities for that kingdom, and upgrade those towns. Fight over points of interest on the map - and things like this. So the main player focus is still building up a cool town, but where this happens and with who is going to be given more structure. We still plan on allowing non-Kingdom players to found cities, though the primary focus of Townships gameplay will be toward making KvK fun, entertaining, and worth your time (and to limit the amount of griefing that can go on).

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
Oh interesting castlewars would be fun I know you guys are probably still in heavy development but maybe we could practice on a bastion map :eek:

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
It makes sense to me now. I don't know if I'm a big fan of that idea, but there's nothing much I can really do about that.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Hmm it kind of makes sense… I'm sure I'll understand it in full when it happens.
Same :p
I mean what I said there is what I understand it to be atm

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Will this place players who opt out of joining the Kingdoms at a disadvantage. I feel like this would lead to a situation in which you either join or face persecution by a larger enemy. Essentially not forcing you to join, but putting you on hit list if not. Feels very... forced.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Will this place players who opt out of joining the Kingdoms at a disadvantage. I feel like this would lead to a situation in which you either join or face persecution by a larger enemy. Essentially not forcing you to join, but putting you on hit list if not. Feels very... forced.
Not necessarily we would need to see how this plays out. If major wars between the north/south etc start up most of them wouldn't be bothered to go hunt down one person.
Also if you're not bothering the Kingdoms they would likely never find/bother with you.

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
It's been my understanding that this KvK thing will be on a separate map, accessed by herogate. So if you don't feel like joining a kingdom, then you can just stay in Zeal world. Am I way off base here, or is this true?

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
I like this idea of pre-made kingdoms and I hope its not on a seperate map.

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
I like this idea of pre-made kingdoms and I hope its not on a seperate map.

Well, what would we do with all the towns we already have?

There are more than 25 towns out there I think (which is what I think they said they want cap to be) and the landscape is already destroyed.

There are also all sorts of factions scattered all over the map, with people in the same Cardinal direction being mortal enemies already. What would be the point of squashing them all together in one "Faction"? That would kill the RP freedom we have.

So to make this work, it would need a fresh map. That mean a map-wipe (which is crazy, because there is still a lot to find on Zeal map) or a brand new map on a Multiverse world. The 2nd option seems more likely to me.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, what would we do with all the towns we already have?

There are more than 25 towns out there I think (which is what I think they said they want cap to be) and the landscape is already destroyed.

There are also all sorts of factions scattered all over the map, with people in the same Cardinal direction being mortal enemies already. What would be the point of squashing them all together in one "Faction"? That would kill the RP freedom we have.

So to make this work, it would need a fresh map. That mean a map-wipe (which is crazy, because there is still a lot to find on Zeal map) or a brand new map on a Multiverse world. The 2nd option seems more likely to me.
I see your point, and you're speaking for everyone. But from my perspective (not including anyone else) I think it would be fun if we were all grouped into seperate kingdoms.